Sunday, October 27, 2013

Week of October 28-Nov.1

  • I need to take this opportunity to thank all of my students for making my birthday on Friday so memorable. A huge thank you for the treats! 
  • We will be having our weekly spelling tests on Fridays.  We should be finished of the high frequency words by mid to end Jan.  We complete various hands on activities with these words throughout the week.
  • Grade 5 math- I will be finishing our oral quiz on Monday for those students who didn't get to do it on Friday.  I am going to have our review of solving one step equations with a single variable (Ex.  y+16=20 therefore y=4) on Tuesday with a quiz on Thursday.
  • If you have any specific time frames that you would like to request for parent teacher interviews, please jot a note to me because we meet to plan the times on Tuesday of this week.  Slips will be going home on Wednesday. Interviews will be Thursday, Nov. 7th (evening) and Friday, Nov. 8th.  I will be available to do interviews after school on the Wednesday, Nov. 6th.
  • A reminder for all students to be reading 20 min. each evening.  Those maps are getting colored! :o)
  • Have a wonderful week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment