Saturday, October 3, 2015

Oct. 5-9

  • I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!
  • I will be sending quizzes home on Monday to grade 3/4 and grade 6 students.  Parents, please sign and return to school on Tuesday.  
  • Grade 3/4- the students have been working very hard and my expectation for their math homework is nightly fact practice 10 min.  We are starting to look at fractions this week.  It is important to understand where we use and see fractions in our everyday lives.
  • Grade 6- we are shifting gears and starting to look at mixed numbers and improper fractions this week.  I briefly introduced the topic at the end of the week to the students and they seemed to grasp the concept.  We will be starting with a lot of hands on practice with manipulatives to show what a mixed number actually is (whole number and a proper fraction).  
  • Please vote for our school on the Indigo -Adopt a School contest!
  • I would like to take this opportunity to wish everyone a wonderful Thanksgiving with your families.  I am very thankful for your children!  I love my job and they are a joy to teach.

No comments:

Post a Comment