Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Week of Sept.12-16

  • I would like to welcome everyone to my blog!  I will be doing my best to update it each Sunday (this week on Tuesday night:o).  Please check on a weekly basis!
  • Gr. 2 Lang. Arts-  I am having such a great week with your children.  They have such great manners and are working hard.  We have been discussing the theme of friendship and what makes a good friend.  Be sure to check the blog by Sunday because I will be explaining the homework routines that will be starting Monday, Sept. 19.
  • Grade 4 Math-  I am over the moon with excitement to be teaching these students again!  I can't believe how they have grown over the summer.  This week I am encouraging them to practice their math facts nightly.  I will be sending home a letter next week explaining a math site that they can play at home for homework.  My daughters are both on it and it is super! I will explain more on the blog update on Sunday.  We have been working with our first outcome which is representing numbers to 10 000.   They have been practicing base ten pictures/words, expanded form, written and standard form of numbers.   
  • Grade 3 Math-  Please have your children be practicing their math facts nightly.  I have enjoyed getting to know everyone this week.  I will be sending home a letter next week explaining a fun online math program that we will be using at school and students can use at home.  We have been working on our first outcome which is representing numbers to 1000.  This means students must read numbers, draw base ten pictures, use expanded form, and put the words in writing. 
  • Have a great rest of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment