Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Feb. 21 - 24


  • Wow!  What a snowy last week!  I am so glad to see everyone and get back into our routine.
  • Gr.2 LA-  I want to remind parents to continue reading nightly with your child and discuss the book that they have read.  Don't forget to sign the nightly reading log!  We are moving into our persuasive writing unit.  I'm sure the students are going to have a blast writing about all kinds of topics that they are passionate about.
  • Grade 4 math-  We have been working on division for the last couple of weeks.  It is so important for the students to have a good handle on their multiplication facts to help them achieve success with division.  I am feeling like I will have a quiz late this week or early next week.  The students and I will decide on a date tom.  My homework expectation is for the students to be reviewing their multiplication and division facts each night. These are improving so much and I am very proud of them for their hard work.
  • Grade 3-  We have been working on multiplication and division over the last few weeks.  I will assess how they are doing so far on two different days coming up:  our quiz on multiplication will be this Friday, Feb. 24th and division will be next Thursday, March 2.  The students have been grasping these concepts and they have been working very hard in class.  Please have them continue to review their  adding and subtracting facts to 18 on a nightly basis.  
  • Have a great week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment