Friday, September 29, 2017

Week of October 2-5


  • We have had another great week in our classroom!  I love when I hear the children say "What? It is the end of the day already!"  They are continuing to settle in and follow rules and expectations.  
  • Monday our class should wear the color green because our school is dressing in rainbow colors in support of the verbal abuse prevention award that was won.  We will be attending a small assembly at 11:15 to see the award being given.
  • Please continue to sign the nightly reading log.  They are expected to read 20 min. each evening.  I have also presented them with a new challenge. If they read 30 different books, keep track of them, and be able to discuss them with me, I will get them a book from the book order!  
  • I will be having a small health quiz on Thursday, Oct. 5.  I will send home a review sheet on Monday with the children.
  • New spelling words:   Grade 3-hollow, fossil,rock, top,promise, costume, umbrella,under, until, bug, runs, jumps
           Grade 4-prompt, costume, shock, octopus, clock, drop, cotton, cousin, follower, suddenly, crunch, fudge, summer, under, plump

  • Please sign spelling quiz and return to school.
  • No school on Friday, October 6th (PD day) and Monday, October 9th
  • I want to wish everyone a very Happy Thanksgiving!  I am very thankful to be working in such a wonderful school with such amazing kids!  So thank you for doing such a great job raising them!

No comments:

Post a Comment