Sunday, January 15, 2012

  • We will be continuing to read Mystery at Cranberry Farm this week.  I am positive that everyone is enjoying the novel.  One of my favorite feelings as a teacher is to have my students want to continue reading.  I had this feeling every single day this week. :o)
  • We have been talking about the reading comprehension strategy of "Evaluating."  To evaluate, readers need to: recognize the difference between fiction, non-fiction, and info-fiction texts, form opinions about the content presented to them, be willing to confirm or adjust their opinions as they read and learn others' view, see events from other people's perspectives, back up their opions with evidence from the text, and critique the author's craft.
  • The grade 5' are having an oral math fact quiz on Thursday. Mr. Martin has been sending home flash cards for the grade 4's each night to be reviewed.
  • I am looking forward to another great week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment