Sunday, October 28, 2012

Week of Oct. 29-Nov.2

  • I have to send out a huge "thank you" to all of my students for making my birthday last Thursday so memorable. They were so thoughtful and kind!  The musical version of "Happy Birthday" brought tears to my eyes. I consider myself one of the luckiest teachers on PEI to have such a wonderful group of children in my class.
  • I will be sitting with other teachers on Tuesday to plan out parent teacher interview times.  The interviews will be held on Wednesday evening, November 7 and Thursday November 8.  If you would like a certain time, please send a note in with your child on Monday.
  • The grade 5 math students just started into Unit 1 called Patterns and Equations.  I would still remind everyone that it is a good idea to be reviewing mental math facts each night.  Our response time for 'x' facts should be 3 seconds or less and division facts should be 5 seconds or less.
  • We have been working on Informational reports in language arts and will continue to work on them this week. The students have chosen a topic related to weather and we have been discussing the importance of text features (pictures, captions, headings, glossary, maps, tables, charts, bold print, italics, etc.).  Students will include some of these text feature within their informational reports.
  • Lunch order forms will be going home mid-week. Monday, Nov.5 will be lunch order day for the month of November.
  • A reminder to be reading 20 minutes each night. Parents don't forget to be having conversations with your child about what it is they are reading.
  • Happy Halloween to everyone! I will be meeting on Monday to get the specifics on what activities will be planned for Wednesday and I will discuss this with the students on Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment