Sunday, October 5, 2014

Week of October 6-8


  • I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend!
  • I have to say how proud I am of all of the students for their hard work on the Provincial Math Assessments last week.  They definitely put their best effort in.
  • I will be having a math review on Tuesday followed by a short quiz on Wednesday.  This will cover two outcomes.  Representing and describing numbers to 10 000 and comparing and ordering numbers to 10 000.  Students should also review their adding and subtracting facts.  
  • We are having our ACC math night on Tuesday, October 7 from 6-7.  I am hoping we will have a great turnout!  Students have to attend with a parent/guardian and you will get to play some fun math games.  The students will get to take the math games home with them at the end of the evening!  This is a great way to practice quick facts.
  • Lunch orders are due tomorrow.
  • Thanks again for continuing to send in notes if there are any changes in routine.
  • There will be no school this Thursday and Friday (Oct. 9 and 10) because of the Teachers Convention. Also, there will be no school on Monday, Oct. 13 because of Thanksgiving.
  • Congratulations to everyone who participated in the Cross Country meet on Friday. Our class did amazing!  I am very proud of you all.
  • Starting on Oct. 6th we would encourage everyone to bring in a food item in support of the FCC Drive Away Hunger program.  The grade 6 class will be coming to share a small presentation for us on Monday.
  • As Thanksgiving weekend approaches, I would like to take this opportunity to say how thankful I am to have not only the best job in the world, but I have the best students.  Amherst Cove is truly an amazing school supported by wonderful parents.  On behalf of myself and my two daughters, Maggie and Ellie, I would like to wish everyone a very  Happy Thanksgiving weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment