Friday, December 1, 2017

Dec. 4-8


  • Wow!  It is so hard to believe that we only have 3 weeks left before Xmas!
  • Please have your child fill in their reading duotang each night.  They should be reading for 20 min. each evening.
  • Math- practice math facts to 18 nightly.  Also, I will assign a few pages in their orange duotangs next week ( I didn't assign any last week :o).  We are working on 3 digit subtraction in class.
  • We are wrapping up our Social Studies chapter on exploration.  The students handed in an assignment on Dec. 1 and I will have them back within the week.  Our next unit will be Rocks and Minerals in Science.
  • In writing, we have been working on procedural writing in class.  The students have picked a topic and have been writing over the past week.  Their good copy of this is due on Tuesday.  I would encourage them to use their rubrics.  For the last few weeks before Xmas, we will be doing a few different writing activities including " My Christmas Wish."
  • Christmas concert will be on Friday, December 15th ( I will check on the time)
  • I have placed the December book order and I am estimating that they will be here by the end of the week.
  • Have a great week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment