Sunday, September 8, 2013

Week of Sept. 9-13

  • Wow! What a great first couple of days. They felt like they were about five minutes long. The students worked so hard and were very respectful. What wonderful manners! I love it.
  • In grade 5 math, we will be reviewing basic numeracy skills this week. This includes adding, subtracting, place value, and multiplication facts. I will be asking students to be reviewing the multiplication facts each night.  The grade 4 students have Mr. Martin for math this year.
  • Meet the teacher night will be this Thursday evening starting at 6:30. I am looking forward to seeing everyone there. Thank you so much for returning the student information forms, answering my letter, and sending notes if there are going to be changes at the end of the day.
  • Lunch orders will be due tom. morning (Monday) and I will be handing out the book orders tom.
  • Each student will be getting their "reading passports" tom. I have explained these to the students on Friday and I will be reviewing them again tom. Basically, the students are required to read 20 min. each night for homework and then the parent/guardian initials the passport. When they finish the passport, they turn it in to me and they will receive a new book from the book order (five dollars or less). 
  • I am looking forward to an awesome first full week of school with your children!

No comments:

Post a Comment