Sunday, January 5, 2014

Happy New Year!

  • I would like to welcome everyone back after the break.  I am looking forward to seeing everyone for a full week tom. :o)
  • It is lunch order Monday, so please make sure the money is handed in tom. morning.
  • Students be sure to be reading your 20 min. each night and remember to read part of that time out loud.
  • We are starting our new Sound unit in science.
  • Gr. 5 math- I would encourage everyone to be reviewing their math facts on a nightly basis.  I will be reviewing division tom. and I am feeling that by mid next week we should be ready for our test.
  • I will be starting our new read aloud in class called Kensuke's Kingdom.  The reading comprehension strategy that we will be focusing on is "Sequencing".  Sequencing refers to the identification of the components of a story, such as the beginning, middle, and end, and also to the ability to retell the events within a given text in the order in which they occurred.  We will also be starting our text type study of "Procedural writing".
  • Have a wonderful week everyone! I am so glad to be back and I am looking forward to the rest of the school year.

No comments:

Post a Comment